I love this recipe for many reasons. Like many fellow Pinterest and foodie fanatics I often create dishes based off of Mexican style ingredients, or staples, but every single time I make a recipe, I make it a different way. Sometimes I grill chicken and dice it up, sometimes, I cook quinoa and make a Mexican Quinoa Salad and other times, I simply use it as a dip for chip. By the way if you haven’t tried Way Better chips + snacks, you should know, they are way better than your regular chip. Loaded with sprouted goodness, ingredients I can understand and most importantly toddler approved (WIN). Anyway. I finally decided to make this Mexican Salad Staple so that YOU can create whichever variation you like. Some suggestions from friends below:
– Add 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa (on a side note- it would be fun to try black or red quinoa too!)
– Add 1 Cup grilled. diced chicken
– Add 1 oz Queso fresco + tortilla strips
– Place atop shredded lettuce for a taco salad
– Add Cooked Brown Rice (what I did in the picture below) + add some turmeric for a nice nutrition boost!
Whatever you fancy- hope you enjoy!