A quick to prepare baked oatmeal that can be easily adapted. We make it once and eat it all week! You can prepare the night before and then place in the oven in the morning.
Top with maple syrup, cinnamon and serve with fresh fruit + milk.
2 cups Rolled Oats (these are a staple in our home, we buy in bulk from Costco
1/3 cup brown sugar (we used a little less)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raspberries (experiment with any kind of seasonal fruit).
1/3 cup blueberries
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups milk (I used soy).
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into slices
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray a 9 X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. We used a pyrex with a resealable lid.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the berries and half the chocolate. (saving the other half of berries and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal). In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
3. Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining berries and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything ensuring it disperses evenly.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set.
5. After it has cooled, cover and and store in fridge. When ready for breakfast, heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes and serve.